Why exactly has this humble little bean enjoyed such success with nutritionists and chefs alike? Aside from being a tasty snack with a range of applications, edamame is full of healthy benefits, including:
• They are a great source of whole protein
• Soy protein has been found to lower bad cholesterol levels
• They don’t raise blood sugar, making them a healthier alternative to carbs for diabetics or anyone practicing a low-carb diet
• Soybeans are rich in isoflavones, which have been linked to a decreased risk of breast cancer
• They are full of vitamins and minerals such as folate, vitamin K, manganese, iron, thiamine, copper, and riboflavin
• The same isoflavones that have been known to fight breast cancer have recently shown promise in fighting prostate cancer, bone loss, and menopause symptoms as well!